What have you done with your last 1,000 days? I’ve set weight loss goals multiple times and never reached them, set financial goals multiple times and never reached them, set business goals and accomplished them #ontheroad4recovery with 10000beds.org, but I have to be honest, in the past 1,000 days there’s a lot I did NOT accomplish.
1,000 Days is a long time. Did you know that 1,000 days is just a little less than three years? Three years is 1095 days…but that’s a crazy number, so we are going to use 1,000!
What have you done with your last 1,000 or 1,095 days?
This past Sunday marked three years or 1,095 days drug-free for my son, Kollin. I am so grateful for him and so proud of his strength and dedication to recovery. I am grateful to be one of the Mom’s who can still hug her child. So many can’t. My heart aches for them.
It’s not easy choosing recovery and sticking with it. It’s a lot harder than losing weight or saving money. Those in recovery have overcome obstacles I can’t even imagine. And since each new day in recovery is an achievement, an accomplishment, a new win- 1,095 days is 1,095 wins!
I am in love with the number: 1,000. It is a cool number, don’t you think? (not as cool as 1,095 when you’re counting days in recovery, but for this purpose it just sounds better!) What am I talking about, you might wonder? Well, 1,000 is such a cool number, we’ve created a ONE THOUSAND CLUB at 10,000 Beds especially for our $100 donors and we invite YOU to become a member!
The limited One Thousand Club membership is for the first 1,000 $100 donors on our dedicated One Thousand Club page.
Benefits of One Thousand Club Membership
- You will receive advance notice of all of our events.
- You will receive a semi-annual One Thousand Club Newsletter, highlighting where we’ve been #ontheroad4recovery, who we’ve met, along with introductions of our new partners and sponsors, and a One Thousand Club Member Spotlight (yes, that’s you! – we want to know why you share our passion for recovery and we want to share your story – only with your permission, of course).
- You will be the first to know of new 10,000 Beds programs, and have the opportunity to share your thoughts with us.
- You will receive a special sticker to display indicating you are a 10,000 Beds Supporter.
- You will receive special discounted prices on all 10,000 Beds online store merchandise, including logo shirts, ball caps, license plate holders, mugs, water bottles, stickers, etc. And TODAY YOU GET A CLUB TSHIRT! (online store will launch November 1, 2017).
- You will have preferred seating at our Inaugural 10,000 Beds #Celebrate Recovery Conference to be held in Park City, Utah in Fall 2018 – exact date and location to be announced. (we are talking with several venues now!)
- You will have access to a unique by-invitation-only One Thousand Club Facebook Page, to connect with other Club members, receive current information, ask questions and stay connected! And we will add the #onethousandclub hashtag to our @10000Beds Twitter posts, so you can follow unique tweets for the Club!
- You will be invited to participate in 10,000 Beds Roundtables with addiction treatment professionals and recovery advocates, along with family members and individuals whose lives have been affected by addiction.
- You will receive a One Thousand Club shirt (can you tell we are excited about this? we’ve mentioned it twice already! You get a FREE One Thousand Club TSHIRT, only for Club members.
- Your name will be added to the One Thousand Club Donor Wall on our 10,000 Beds website.
As a One Thousand Club member, you are one of 1,000 extraordinary people who have donated $100 to support the 10,000 Beds mission of recovery. We consider you a 10,000 Beds VIP.
As a 10,000 Beds VIP, we invite you to share your story (write it down and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org), and also to help us share the 10,000 Beds mission and message of recovery.
As a One Thousand Club member you will have the opportunity to help with events, marketing, fundraising, and outreach. We value your input. We can always use your help.
We consider you part of 10,000 Beds team now – something we are grateful for and something you can be proud of. WELCOME!
Go to the One Thousand Club page now and join the team!
Your $100 contribution directly supports the 10,000 Beds scholarship program helping those without resources into addiction treatment:
- In 2016, we awarded more than $1,000,000 in addiction treatment scholarships.
- In 2017, we are on target to award at least $2,500,000 in addiction treatment scholarships.
- In 2018 we will work toward a goal of $5,000,000 in addiction treatment scholarships.
So ask yourself, what are you going to do with your next 1,000 or 1,095 Days?
First, you should join the One Thousand Club! Do it today!
Second, watch for your Welcome to the One Thousand Club email! It will have some good information in it. And your t-shirt will be in the mail immediately!
Third, wait for your One Thousand Club sticker to arrive in the mail, then put it somewhere people will notice! And check out our online store, you might want to buy a t-shirt at your special CLUB DISCOUNTED price!
Fourth, and most important, carry on. Keep moving forward.
If you’re in recovery, keep at it. If you’re struggling, get help. If you’re grieving, know that we grieve with you. If you’re grateful, know that we celebrate with you.
We are all in this together. We all have value. We all have something to contribute. Let’s hold each other up, and provide hope to those who need it.
As our friend Pennie Hunt Robinson, who lost her son to this terrible disease, reminds us daily: “You are good enough.”
Say it to yourself: “I am good enough!” Say it every day, for the next 1,000+ days… I am good enough. I am good enough. I am good enough.
Because you are. 1,000 times good enough.
Jean Krisle is the CEO/Founder of 10,000 Beds, Inc. a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Our mission is recovery.
In 2016 10,000 Beds awarded $1,000,000 in addiction treatment scholarships, in 2017 we are on target to award $2,500,000 in addiction treatment scholarships, and in 2018 our goal is $5,000,000 in awarded treatment scholarships, all because of extraordinary treatment program partners throughout the United States. We are so very grateful.
We are currently #OnTheRoad4Recovery to elevate awareness, change perceptions around addiction and recovery, and connect with partners new and old.