How to Apply for A Scholarship
After awarding more than $1,000,000 in treatment scholarships in 2016, we are expecting to more than double this in 2017. With applications increasing dramatically, we are continuously reviewing applications and reaching out to our partner treatment programs.
If you have a pending application or are applying now, please note that your application will be prioritized in the order received with approval based on client screening, bed availability, and assessment. We require all applicants to check in via email every Monday to email@example.com, Hang in there, you are on our radar!
Our 10,000 Beds Scholarship Program might be a good fit for you if you meet the following criteria:
– you are in need of treatment for addiction,
– you want to get better,
– you are ready to commit to a minimum of 30 days residential treatment,
– you have insufficient resources to cover treatment costs,
– you have exhausted other avenues of support such as family, friends, church,
– you believe you might qualify for a 10,000 Beds Scholarship.
If you meet the initial criteria above, please consider submitting an application for scholarship.
Be honest in your responses. For us to help you, we need to understand your reality. We need to understand where you are and what you need.
Once we have established that you meet the basic criteria for a 10,000 Beds Scholarship, our goal is to help you find appropriate sponsored treatment for your unique situation and circumstances.
With only approximately 2 million drug and alcohol treatment beds in the United States and more than 20 million persons above the age of 12 needing treatment, there is an extreme shortage of beds available.
Our goal is to find the empty beds and fill them with those who need help the most.
We review applications every Tuesday morning. Below is a partial list of questions from the application which you are required to answer for us to best determine your eligibility and to identify the best treatment program for you. Congratulations on taking the first step on your path to a new life in recovery!
1. Your Full Name
2. Your Birthdate
3. Your Email
4. Your Complete Address (street, city, state, zip)
5. Your Phone Number
6. Your Drug of Choice
7. How long have you been using?
8. Have you been to rehab before? If so, when and where?
9. Your financial situation (insurance, personal finances available, current employment, family support, etc.)
10. How did you get here? Where do you feel like your addiction started?
11. Have you experienced a traumatic or life-changing experience?
12. Are you on any medications for conditions outside of your addiction? If so, who will be responsible for paying for these meds while in treatment?
13. Where are you now? (City, state, grandmother’s, friend’s, rehab, homeless, etc.)
14. When are you available to begin treatment?
15. Will you need detox?
16. What do you plan to do after competing treatment?
17. How did you hear about 10,000 Beds?
18. And finally, why isn’t your family providing financial support for treatment and/or insurance?
Once your application is received, you should receive a notice advising you that we’ve received it. We review applications on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We reach out to qualifying applicants during the week. We aim for Friday or Monday admits.
After all information is collected and you are determined eligible for a 10,000 Beds Scholarship, we will forward your application to a carefully selected 10,000 Bed partner facility. Typically, we have a long queue of scholarships that we are reviewing and processing. This takes time. Please be patient. Scholarship beds are a gift and are available only when a partner facility has an empty bed.
Also remember, after initial approval placement can happen quickly or it can take longer depending on your circumstances and the bed availability at our partner facilities. What we CAN promise is that we will do our very best.
Your final approval for a sponsored scholarship bed rests with the treatment program offering the scholarship.They will confirm their scholarship bed availability, review your application and our information, and then contact you for a phone assessment. Then they will make a decision based on these factors.
Scholarships are awarded based on initial review of online application, follow up conversation, the treatment facility’s client assessment and bed availability.
Submitting your application is the beginning of the process and a scholarship or sponsored bed is not guaranteed simply because you have applied. We are not a 24/7 hotline, if you have an emergency, dial 911 immediately.
Before contacting any professional individual, counselor, service provider, company, treatment center, program, or institution, 10,000 Beds, Inc. recommends that you do further research, request and contact references, consult your physicians, and check with your local Better Business Bureau.
Although we do our best to vet our Treatment Program Partners, sponsors, and supporters, 10,000 Beds, Inc. does not endorse any organization, product or service; further, 10,000 Beds, Inc. assumes no liability or responsibility for the claims made by our members, Treatment Program Partners, service providers, individuals, counselors, companies, treatment centers, programs, or institutions.